3698 S Bristol St. Santa Ana, CA 92704
MAKE AN APPOINMENT
- Bands made of stainless steel, tooth-colored, or clear materials are cemented to teeth with dental bonding agents and wrapped around each tooth to serve as anchors for brackets.
- Brackets refer to the small squares bonded directly to the front of each tooth with dental bonding cement. Brackets may also be attached to orthodontic bands. The brackets hold the arch wires that gradually shift teeth. Brackets may be made of stainless steel, tooth-colored ceramic, or tooth-colored plastic.
- Arch wires are attached to brackets and work to guide the shift of the teeth.
- Spacers fit between teeth. They create small spaces prior to the placement of bands.
- Ties in clear, metal, or colored material are small rubber rings or wires that secure the arch wire to the brackets.
- Rubber bands may be worn between the upper and lower teeth to apply pressure and move teeth.
- Other pieces such as headgear may be used depending on the patient’s needs.
Affordable Dental Braces in Costa Mesa . Santa Ana . Newport Beach
Dental braces help to align crooked teeth and misaligned bite (including underbite or overbite).
To determine if dental braces are right for you, the dentist will meet with you to examine your teeth and oral health and discuss treatment options with you. Impressions and photos of your teeth, as well as X-rays offer an in-depth look at the condition of your smile. Based on this information, the dentist will determine if braces are right for you.
Types of Braces:
Braces may consist of wires, bands, and other corrective appliances designed to suit your needs. Every smile is different, so no two plans will be exactly the same.
How Braces Work:
Braces apply continuous pressure to slowly shift teeth into a beautiful smile. Braces consist of these components:
How long do I wear braces?
Because every smile is different, the time you will need to wear braces depends on the severity of dental problems. On average braces remain for one to three years and are followed by use of a retainer.